Wool and sustainability
One of the pathways to a greener future is reducing our personal consumption. A key factor is products with longer lifespan. In a sustainability perspective it’s better to use what you already have for a longer time, than constantly buying new products.
In addition, research suggests that buying clothes made of natural fibers are the better choice. Wool is a 100% natural and renewable fiber with quite a few unique properties:
- Wool can refresh itself simply by hanging in fresh air. Fewer washing cycles saves laundry detergent and energy – and prolongs the lifespan of the garment.
- Wool is washed on lower temperatures or even hand washed, saving laundry detergent and energy.
- High-quality wool garments have longer lifespan than other garments. Research has proved wool garment to be used twice as long as garments made of cotton.
- High-quality wool garments are reused and recycled more often than other garments.
We have a relentless focus on premium quality in smaller volumes. The lifespan of our products is as important as elegant, timeless designs. Garments you’re truly fond of are better taken care of. And if damaged, they are more likely to be repaired. Your wardrobe favorites from Dale are ready to be worn year after year – after year after year.
The unique propeties of wool
No man-made ﬁber can match the unique qualities of wool. It has great insulating abilities, it breathes and wicks moisture away from the body, and keeps you warm even when wet. It regulates temperature and is odor resistant.
Technical properties of wool summarized:
- 100% natural, sustainable fiber
- Superior insulation
- Excellent breathability
- Regulates temperature
- Warm even when wet or damp
- Absorbs and wicks moisture
- Antibacterial and odor resistant
- Can be refreshed simply by hanging in fresh air
- Elastic, and maintains its shape
- Non-static and fire-retardant